Sunday, March 3, 2013

I sing the Body Electric

Well I'm back folks.  I feel that in the past I have bragged too much about never getting sick, and now since December, I've been sick about every few weeks.  I finally feel fully back to health, and I hope it stays that way!

This week the song I have chosen to sing, is "Body Electric", by Lana Del Rey. 



If you couldn't already tell, I've been listening to Lana and Marina pretty much non-stop.  Which leads me to realize I need to find other artists to cover.  I think the reason I go back and forth so much with the two of them, is because Marina is everything I feel I can relate to.  Lana is everything I never had the courage to do, and was always curious about. 

My parents should be proud.  I was such a good girl, and the epitome of the "D.A.R.E." student.  With the exception of going places that I shouldn't have been going when I said I would be at my friends' house.  At least my morals still remained intact.  Deep inside every good girl, however, lurks a curiosity that longs to see how the other half lives.  Even if the "good girl" makes snide remarks about that other half.  She'll always wonder.  I think that's why Lana appeals to me.  

I can sing like I know exactly what she's talking about, but I have no idea.  I heard that she was an alcoholic and shipped off to a boarding school by the age of 14.  Can you imagine???  Not this girl.  I didn't even know about most foreplay, or the details of it at that point.  Especially at the age I'm at now, 14 seems like such a little baby!  I'm 25 by the way...and pretty soon here will be 26.  I am not excited.  For various reasons. 

To clarify, I have no regrets.  I like who I was, and who I am.  I could never be a "Lana".  In fact the very idea of it actually makes me get that feeling you get when you feel like you've been kicked in the stomach.  It's just nice to wonder.

Au Revoir!


No comments:

Post a Comment