Friday, October 12, 2012

Wonder how I played "Seven Devil's"? Well now you'll know.



This week I have done a tutorial for my cover that I performed last week.  "Seven Devil's" by Florence + The Machine.  Absolutely loved doing this song.  There were a few parts where I had timing issues, but then again, I am just learning to put the piano and my singing together at the same time.  Fortunately it seems to be getting much easier, which is encouraging.

Fortunately I have a lot of friends and family requesting covers of songs they love!  Also a good sign.  I'm glad I finally made the initiative to start "sharing" the music I perform with friends and family.  If you remember from earlier posts, it was my biggest nightmare.  For me to share such a thing makes me feel like I'm bragging about myself, or acting like a cheap salesman.  Why do I feel this way?  Couldn't tell you, however, it was the obstacle that I needed to overcome.  These people will eventually see me for who I am anyways.  Might as well show them.  I was sick of hiding, and running into that awkward confrontation of "Ohhhh so I saw that video you made...yeeeeah."  

I feel like this year will be a great one.  I feel like things will start going into motion for me.  I feel one step closer to reaching my goals.  The great thing about life, is that anything is possible.  

So for these covers, I'm actually unsure of which one I should do next.  I'd like to work more piano playing into the mix, rather than singing A Capella, or to background music, which always sounds horrible on my audio.  I can't tell you how much I'd love to be able to have the equipment to be able to produce my own original music.  Put in all the layers myself, etc, etc.  That'd be so amazing so I could finally show people the music I truly want to make.  

Anyways, onto these covers.  My sister has requested that I do, "Safe and Sound" by Taylor Swift.  It really is a very pretty song.  My style isn't usually "Taylor Swift", even though I'll give her props for talent.  I mean who wouldn't want to be 17 and win numerous awards for their music???  Amazing.  Like I said, not normally my style, but I'd definitely give this song a go.  Very pretty, delicate, and melancholy.   So there's that.  Another friend requested a lot of "classic" songs, aka 80's/90's songs, but then also Coldplay.  I love Coldplay, so that's a definite possibility.  My mind keeps going to Edith Piaf's "La Vie en Rose".  Which is a beautiful song.  For those of you who are unfamiliar, this is a song made popular in the 40's.  It is a French love song.  So it has that very "classy, old-time" music feel.  I absolutely love it, and think I should do my own spin on it.  As always the possibilities are endless.  In the mean time, you should check out this song.


Bonjour!

No comments:

Post a Comment