Wednesday, July 25, 2012

I wish I'd been a Teen Idle

"Teen Idle" by Marina and the Diamonds

Can I tell someone how much I love this woman?  

Beneath the blonde hair, big brown eyes, and pretty dresses, is an intelligent and realistic woman.  

Her songs are catchy, and dance-y.  Normally when you turn on the radio, you hear some stupid dance song repeating the same line...over and over and over and over...you get my point.  It's annoying.  Guess that makes for some fast song writing though!  

I urge anyone, whoever you are, whatever music you like, check Marina and the Diamonds out.  If you don't get hooked musically, read/listen to the lyrics.  There are pieces all throughout her CD that shoot down the way society is nowadays.  Pieces for the introvert (woot woot!).  The list goes on.  The more I listen, the more every lyric I hear and read, the more I feel connected to her.  I guess what I love so much is the non-stop sarcasm from her.  Sarcasm just happens to be a language that I am fluent in!  

On another note, still working on that "Seven Devils" (Florence + The Machine) project that I had been working on.  My problem?  I hate not having a full orchestra to back me up on this.  When it's just my dinky keyboard...it sounds like a child playing one of those toy pianos that kinda..."clunks" in comparison.  So, it's still a work in progress.  I might just sing some more Marina this week ;-)

I'd also like to let you all know, I officially work in a library.  Cool, right?  After over a decade of being on the front line in "customer service", where I'm the first face people see.  I finally get to be in the background.   I quietly put the books away, and I get to hide and sort books in peace.  I love it.  It pays less than half of what I used to make, but I love it.  I finally have a job where I can be myself, organize things, and just "be" in my head all day.  I can hum a song, think of new music ideas, and it's OK.  Another plus?  The people I work with are ALSO quiet...so no social pressures.  Yay for me :-)

Guten Nacht.

No comments:

Post a Comment